Licensed professionals and others alike will often mention the term “self care.” What we don’t always realize is how important self care is to our lives. We brush it off as nonsense, or too time consuming. The truth is, we need self care in order to be the best version of ourselves.
Let us present to you a 15 day self care challenge. All of these activities are FREE and attainable if effort is put forth. Try and tackle 1 item each day (in no particular order) and explore how you feel before, during, and after.
- Make a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and relax while drinking it.
- Take a bath (bubbles are encouraged for an enhanced atmosphere!)
- Take a walk
- Listen to the radio
- Call a friend or family member to say hello
- Draw a picture or color in a coloring book
- Take 10 minutes to stretch your body
- Write a poem
- Do a word search or crossword puzzle
- Read a book or a magazine
- Visit your library and attend a workshop or class
- Organize your clothes closet or drawers to feel more organized
- Write down 10 things you are grateful for
Note: You can also try these in moments of anxiety or depression to help clear your mind.